The Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI) Regional Working Group on Environmental Auditing (RWGEA) was formally established at the 8th Assembly of ASOSAI in Chiang Mai, Thailand in October 2000. Mr. Li Jinhua of the Chinese Supreme Audit Institution (SAI) was elected the Chair. The Secretariat of ASOSAI’s RWGEA was founded within the National Audit Office of the People’s Republic of China. The membership of the ASOSAI consists of Charter Members, Members, and Associate Members. ASOSAI has grown from the original 11 SAIs, to a membership of some 45 SAIs.
The Web site of ASOSAI’s RWGEA helps people to get acquainted with environmental protection and environmental auditing and serves as a window and forum for exchanging information and updating viewpoints. The site provides information about news on environmental auditing and environment protection, development on environmental auditing theory, auditing practices in ASOSAI member countries, and points of view from member SAIs.
ASOSAI Working Group on Environmental Auditing homepage
ASOSAI WGEA regional activities (submitted summaries and presentations):
- November 2011 14th WGEA Assembly in Argentina
- June 2010 13th WGEA Assembly in China
- August 2009 8th Steering Committee in Indonesia
- January 2009 12th WGEA Assembly in Qatar
- May 2008 7th Steering Committee in Estonia
- June 2007 11th WGEA Assembly in Tanzania
- The 2005-07 ASOSAI WGEA Work plan (pdf 60k) has been revised to include the new business lines from the 2005-07 Work plan of the INTOSAI WGEA.
- March 2005 the ASOSAI Seminar on Environmental Auditing and ASOSAI WGEA Working Group meeting was held in Wuyishan, Fujian Province, China (pdf 21k)
Regional meetings held:
- 18-20 September 2012 in Penang, Malaysia
- 14-23 October 2008 in Hangzhou, China